Besides the primary reseller user, any secondary reseller user, with the proper security level, can modify or delete reseller, sub-reseller and merchant user accounts. Use the following steps for assistance when performing the tasks.
- Click on the Manage Users menu.
- Click on the Find/Edit link and the following screen will appear.
- If you know the value (full or partial) of the user or reseller that you are searching for, enter the value in the appropriate column header to narrow the search.
- Fill out other fields that you know in order to narrow down the selection. Notice without entering any information, the filters form will return all user accounts. To narrow the returned list of records, continue to enter more search criteria.
- To view the user details, delete the user from the system, reset the password, or email the user, simply click on the Username. The following screen will appear.
The following describes the function of each link in the above figure.
Click this link to send the user an email. Your default mail application will appear, enabling you to send the email.
Click this link to reset the user password. The payment server will automatically generate a new user password.
Click this link to email the user their password.
Log In as this User
Click this link to log in as this user.
Click this link to delete this user. Notice you cannot delete a primary user. A primary user is created when a merchant is first created.
Make User Inactive or Make User Active – Click this link to make this user inactive or active.
- To edit the user details, click on the icon or the Edit User link and the following screen will appear
- Edit the fields as necessary; click Save User to save the changes.
- Note: When you are setting up accounts, it is important to remember each merchant requires a reseller. When a merchant is added (or created) under a reseller, a user, called the primary user is automatically added. The primary user cannot be deleted unless the merchant it was created under is deleted. Users can be created under a merchant or a reseller. When a user is created under a reseller, then the user will be a reseller user. When a user is under a merchant, then the user will defined as a merchant user or an API user. Please note that API users are for web services only and cannot access the reseller and merchant portals.