Use the following steps for assistance when creating a new merchant account.
- Click on the Manage Merchants menu.
- Select the Add menu option to add a new merchant and the Add Merchant screen will appear (shown below).
- Fill out the fields on the Contact tab.
- Select the Options tab to setup options for this merchant account (shown below).
Note: The timezone is AZ Mountain Time for auto settlement, so the merchant will have to be set accordingly. I.E. if a merchant in EST wants to settle at 12 EST, their time should be 9. The timezone change is relative to Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time. Meaning 12 EST becomes 12 EDT and vice versa.
- Select the Virtual Terminal tab to configure the options to be displayed on the Merchant’s browser.
- Next, select and complete the Additional tab. This allows you to track additional details about the merchant.
When filling out the Additional form, notice the User Security Level box should normally be kept as 4. This is to allow the merchant’s primary user a full access over his/her own information.
Without filling the User Name field in the Additional Information section, the merchant user will be assigned a server generated user name instead.
- Finally, define the Merchant Validation codes for AVS and CV response codes. Please note that the default is that all response codes are checked. You may want to customize this list to limit your risk by declining any response code that is not a match.
- Create Merchant (The Reset button allows you to return to the previously saved merchant information state).
The Merchant Info screen gives you a quick overview on the merchant account you just created. It has four tabs: Merchant Info, Validation, Processors, and Registers. Merchant Info lists (example displayed below) the general merchant information. Validation displays the Accepted AVS and CV codes that are returned from the processor in the transaction response. Processors allows you to create and configure the merchant parameters for accepting payments for the processor(s) this merchant currently uses. Registers allows you to enter and display the register information.
We will continue to cover Processors and Registers sections. For Merchant Info, refer to the Finding and Editing Merchants section below.