You can add two types of payment method for a recurring billing customer: Credit Card and ACH (E-Check).
- From the recurring billing customer profile screen, click on the Add Payment Method link in the Payment Info section header
- Select either Credit Card or ACH and a screen will appear similar to the examples shown below
- Fill out the credit card or ACH information
- You have two options to charge the customer on this payment item: either charge later or charge now. If you select Later Use Only, click Save Payment Info. This will take you back to the recurring billing customer profile screen. If you select Charge Now, follow the steps below
- Insert an amount in the Amount field
- Click Charge & Save Payment Info and a receipt will appear similar to the examples shown below
- To go back to the recurring billing customer profile screen, click the View Customer link above the receipt and a screen will appear similar to the example shown below
- To view the stored payment methods, click the Payment Methods tab
- To edit the payment item, click on edit
- Edit the payment information and click Update Payment Item. This will take you back to the recurring billing customer profile screen
Note: Once a payment method is properly populated, you will have the option to charge and/or refund the customer’s payment account.
- To charge to an established payment item account, input an amount in the Charge Amount box, and click on the Charge link
- To refund an established payment item account, click the Refund link. This will take you to the Return tab in the virtual terminal. Refer to the Credit Card Return section