- Click on the Recurring Billing menu
- Click on the Add Customer link and a screen will appear similar to the example shown below
Note: In the new customer information form, the Customer ID field is for your own reference. Typically, you should make this field same as the customer identifier in your CRM (Customer Relationship Management) or billing system.
The required fields in the form are: Customer ID, plus one of these three fields: First Name, Last Name, or Company.
- Enter all the information necessary to identify a customer for recurring billing; then click Add Customer
Note: The recurring billing customer profile screen appears after you add a new recurring billing customer. It includes three sections: Primary Contact, Payment Methods and Contracts. Each section has a link in the header that allows you to edit or add information associated with that section.
You can also reach this screen by selecting View Customers in the Recurring Billing folder, which we will discuss later in this chapter.
- To edit the customer primary contact information, click on the Edit Customer link in the Primary Contract section header
- The customer contact information form will appear. Edit the fields accordingly
- Click Update Customer. This will take you back to Customer Profile Screen