A Credit Card Return is a return transaction in which a previous Credit Card Sale is to be returned / voided.
- Click on the Virtual Terminals folder
- Click on the Credit link
- Click on the Return tab (shown below)
You may then process a return just as you would a sale. For more information about this setting, contact your administrator or reseller. Also, to void a transaction that has not yet been processed (i.e. the batch has not yet been settled), continue to Transaction Reports via step 4 below.
- Read the information and click Transaction Reports (shown below)
Note: The date is defaulted to today’s date.
- Enter the appropriate information. (No information needs to be entered onto this page, by clicking the Submit button, you will view all transactions today)
- Click Submit and a list of transactions similar to the sample screen below will appear
- A list of transactions will appear, click on the transaction Ref # you wish to Void
- Click Yes, Void this Transaction (Note: from this screen, you can also repeat a sale transaction using the same payment information and email the receipt)
- Click OK and similar screen to the following void response example will appear