Update an existing Recurring Payment Agreement
• Merchant must add a Recurring Payment Agreement (with ManageContract ADD operation or from DC Gateway Virtual Terminal) before it can be updated.
• Invoke the InfoContract operation to retrieve existing values for the elements of a Recurring Payment Agreement, which are required parameters of a ManageContract UPDATE operation.
• Invoke the ManageContractAddDaysToNextBillDt operation (rather than ManageContract UPDATE operation) when NextBillDt is the only element of a Recurring Payment Agreement to be updated.
• DC Gateway requires a valid electronic mail address for a Merchant or Customer in order to send an electronic mail notification (to that Merchant or Customer) when the value of EmailCustomer, EmailCustomerFailure, EmailMerchant or EmailMerchantFailure is ‘T’.
• DC Gateway resets the status of a Recurring Payment Agreement to PENDING when an attempted payment is unsuccessful.
• DC Gateway resets the status of a Recurring Payment Agreement to ACTIVE when a payment is reprocessed successfully after one or more failed attempts.
• DC Gateway resets the status of a Recurring Payment Agreement to INACTIVE when the number of failed attempts to process a payment exceeds the value of the MaxFailures element (of the Recurring Payment Agreement.)
• DC Gateway determines the frequency with which payments are processed based on the values of BillingPeriod and PeriodInterval for a Recurring Payment Agreement, as follows:
|DAY||14||Every Other Week|
|DAY||21||Every Three Weeks|
|YEAR||2||Twice a Year|