Reverse payment made by Debit Card as Sale
• The ProcessDebitCard operation is supported by the following processors: Concord EFS Network, Elavon (NOVA Information System), First Data North, First Data Omaha, First Data Rapid Connect, Global Payments, Paymentech – Tampa, TSYS Host, TSYS Terminal (Vital)
• DC Gateway removes XML predefined entities from user-supplied values. Enclose values in CDATA section or substitute replacement values for special characters: double quotation mark – ", ampersand – &, apostrophe – ', less-than sign – <, greater-than sign – >.
• PIN-less Debit Card transactions are supported by Global Payments processor
• A value for MagData is required for DC Gateway to process payment with debit card presented by consumer and obtained with swipe or proximity (Near Field Communication) card reader at the point of sale/service.
• Proximity (NFC) card readers are supported by the following processors: First Data North, First Data Rapid Connect, TSYS Terminal (Vital)
• EMV payment technology is supported by First Data Rapid Connect processor
• DC Gateway rejects ProcessDebitCard operations unless Personal identification Number (PIN) encrypted when a value is provided for Pin parameter
• The ProcessDebit – Reversal operation is supported by First Data North, First Data Rapid Connect, Global Payments, TSYS Host, TSYS Terminal (Vital)
• Processors limit time period between a ProcessDebitCard – Sale operation and the corresponding ProcessDebit – Reversal operation: two (2) hours – TSYS Host, TSYS Terminal (Vital), 24 hours – First Data North, First Data Rapid Connect, Global Payments.
• Merchants selling through both telephone (i.e. automated Voice Response Unit) and also internet must use the RegisterNum Extended Data element to specify channel for each sale (made by telephone or internet.)
• Merchant must successfully make a sale before invoking a ProcessDebitCard Reversal operation.
• Include the value of PNRef in the response received from a ProcessDebitCard – Sale operation as the PNRef parameter to ProcessDebit Card – Reversal operation.