The simplest and shortest way to add payment processing to an existing application or website is with Hosted Payment Pages (HPP). Administrators configure and activate an HPP through the DC Gateway User Interface. HPPs may be created quickly, are deployed easily and minimize the scope of requirements for compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), since DC Gateway forwards sensitive card holder data provided by customers directly to payment networks so that it never passes through the application’s or website’s own servers. Once it is active, a webmaster embeds, links or redirects to the HPP from her/his website to process payments.
- Customer touches payment link on website
- Browser opens Hosted Payment Page
- Customer fills and submits order form to DC Gateway
- DC Gateway forwards payment details to Payment Processing Network
- Payment Processing Network approves or declines transfer from Customer to Merchant account and notifies DC Gateway
- DC Gateway redirects browser to website
- Customer reviews result of payment request